Jenner born at August 10, 1997 in the city of Los Angeles, California, she is
an American media personality.
Kylie Jenner is a multi-faceted individual, who’s an expertise
reality television personality, model, woman entrepreneur, socialite, and a
social-media celebrity. As a television personality, Kylie Jenner was part of
the E! Reality series, keeping Up with the Kardashians, ever since 2007.
Kylie Jenner founded and owns the company Kylie Cosmetics.
In the year 2012, Kylie
Jenner, together with her sister Kendall and in association with the clothing
brand Pac Sun, came up with the clothing line range of apparels, Kendall &
In the year 2015, Kylie Jenner introduced her own range of
cosmetics called Kylie Lip Kits, which was renamed as Kylie Cosmetics during
the next year. Kylie Jenner had also launched a mobile application, which was
in number one position in the I Tunes App Store.
Forbes magazine, Jenner’s net worth is estimated at US$1 billion, making her, at
age 21, the world’s youngest billionaire as of March 2019.
One million dollars from Kim Kardashian to
families affected by the Corona
Kim Kardashian decided to donate 1 million
$ to help families affected by the Corona
Kim said that the establishment she
established a year ago to produce underwear has decided to donate this amount
because of her responsibility to support citizens and society in that global
Kim Kardashian has decided to isolate in
her home in Calabasas with her family
consisting of her husband and four children from the beginning of the invasion
of the crisis of the Corona virus, the United States and the world that has
infected 102 thousand American citizens so far
Kylie, the younger sister of Kim, had decided, before
several days, to donate $ 1 million to help medical organizations to purchase
medical equipment and to disguise his face and gloves.
Kinsey wolanski The popular fashion model and model of
American ads chose to stay in the Bahamas, in the Caribbean, due to the
outbreak of the Corona virus worldwide, especially the United States of America,
where the number of infected people so far reached 100,000, including about a
thousand and 500 infected in the state of Miami alone.
And published on its pages on social media,
which has a number of followers of nearly 3 million and 700 thousand fans, pictures
of which are enjoying the sunbath with her friend
She said cheerfully, “I was stripped
of bikini to escape the Corona virus, and I live
in the Bahamas until the end
of the crisis of the Corona virus, which made
our small home until we return home again.”
The photos that were published on her
Instagram and Facebook accounts have attracted the admiration of millions of
people who followed her who said that this is a positive thing that gives us
happiness amid the number of negative events and sad news that we are going
She had caught the attention of the whole
world after her descent to the stadium in the Champions League final last
summer while she was wearing swimsuits and running among Liverpool players, led
by Mohamed Salah
Despite what may be Long Island residents’ roots
set in sedentary cement, there is nothing like a cruise on the Great South Bay
to offer an aquatic alternative to their view and enable them to briefly adopt
a tourist’s perspective of the area they call home. It was this philosophy that
lured me from land to sea on the “Moon Chaser” excursion boat from Captree State Park on a recent mid-July day.
“Captree State Park (itself) is located at
the eastern tip of the narrow beach known as Jones Beach Island,” according
to its self description. “This ideal location, at the intersection of the
Fire Island inlet and the State Boat Channel, places it within easy access of
some of the finest bay and ocean fishing grounds on the East Coast and provides
for an extremely scenic view of the Great South Bay and the western end of Fire
Island, including the Fire Island Lighthouse, the Fire Island Coast Guard
Station, the Robert Moses State Park Water Tower, and the Inlet Span
The park offers a snack bar, a nautically-themed,
full-service restaurant, a bait and tackle shop, and two fishing piers for
The area on this dry, flawlessly blue, 80-degree
day said summer on Long Island. The air was
suffused with the sound of seagulls, which flapped, flocked, and flew, and the
scent of the sea. The parking lot on the concrete side yielded to the one on
the aquatic side, as a line of mostly fishing boats–Long Island’s largest
fleet of them, in fact–bowed into the dock, including the “Capt. Eddie B.
III,” the “Spectrum,” the “North Star II,” and the
“Bay Princess II.”
Water lapped at the deck. The seagulls sang. And
fishing rods projected from everyone, as if they constituted their third arms.
Designed and constructed by the Blount Marine
Corporation, of Warren, Rhode Island, and launched in 1982, the blue-and-white
“Moon Chaser” vessel intended for my own nautical excursion,
stretched 65 feet, accommodated up to 220 on two decks, and was tied to the
furthest pier from the restaurant complex.
A short line in front of its mobile ticket
booth, as occurred every Wednesday and Thursday afternoon in the summer,
indicated a complement of about 25 on its trip today.
A laborious engine grind signaled its 13:00
departure and a brief backward jolt preceded a 180-degree turn and trace
through the buoy-lined channel, as the Captree Boat
Basin receded in the
Mimicking the “Moon Chaser’s” course,
two other, fishing excursion destined boats trailed it, riding its wake, while
two inbound vessels, the “Laura Lee” and the “Captree
Princess,” made their approaches.
Settling into a gentle sway, the “Moon
Chaser” itself glided over the sun-glinted blue bay, paralleling Fire Island National Seashore.
One of the proverbial bread slices, along with
Long Island itself, it ensured that the 45-mile-long Great South Bay remained
sandwiched between landmasses and thus protected from the Atlantic, whose
access was provided by the inlet between Jones
eastern and Fire Island’s western ends.
Native to the area were the Meroke Tribes, but
the earliest settlers were those from Europe, who encountered them in the 17th
century, eventually establishing a succession of south shore bay towns, based
upon boating and fishing, including Lindenhurst, Babylon, Islip, Oakdale,
Sayville, Bayport, Blue Point, Patchogue, Bellport, Shirley, and Mastic Beach.
Managing to pierce the otherwise bright day, the
lens atop the black-and-white towered Fire Island
Lighthouse blinked at the boat as it inched toward it, abreast of the sand and
scrub shoreline off the starboard side.
Appearing like an uninterrupted pattern of
projected fishing poles wrapped around its deck, the “Island
Princess,” anchored a short distance away, passed off to port.
Established on September 11, 1964, when Congress
designated 26 miles of Fire Island as a national seashore, that narrow tract of
land today encompasses 17 residential communities, New York’s only federally deemed wilderness,
marine and upland habitat, wildlife, beaches, recreational facilities, and
several historic sights.
Toting itself, it invites the visitor to
“immerse yourself in an enchanting collage of coastal life and history.
Rhythmic waves, high dunes, ancient maritime forests, historic landmarks, and
glimpses of wildlife, Fire Island has been a
special place for diverse plants, animals, and people for centuries. Far from
the pressure of big city life, dynamic barrier island beaches offer both
solitude and camaraderie, and spiritual renewal.”
While the Statue of Liberty
was the symbolic entry to New York Harbor, the Fire Island Lighthouse was the actual one
since the 19th century, guiding transatlantic ships and those transporting the
millions of European immigrants from the Old World
to the new.
The initial, 74-foot-high structure serving this
purpose, a cream colored octagonal pyramid of Connecticut River blue split
stone constructed in 1826 at the island’s end, certainly marked the inlet, but
did not necessarily serve the purpose. Too short, in fact, to do so, it was
dismantled when Congress appropriated $40,000 in 1857 for a 168-foot, creamy
yellow replacement that sported a red brick tower and was first lit on November
1 of the following year, although stone from the original was incorporated in
Reflecting technological advancement, it
employed several methods, including whale oil, land oil, mineral oil, kerosene,
and, finally, electricity, as of September 20, 1938, to fuel its four
concentric Funk lamps housed in its First Order Fresnel lens to produce
one-minute interval flashes.
Like many devices in history, however, it
entered a period that would later see it coming full cycle.
Decommissioned as a navigation aid on December
31, 1973, it was replaced by an inadequate facsimile-a small flash tube optic
installed on top of the Robert
Park Water Tower. But its singular,
seaward-direction shine failed to serve any purpose for Great South Bay plying
vessels, and private citizen support, gaining momentum during the second half
of the 1970s, led to the formation of the Fire Island Lighthouse Preservation
Society in 1982.
After significant fund collections facilitated
its restoration to its 1939 appearance, it was placed on the National Register
of Historic Places in 1984 and, completing its cycle, was reinstated as an
official navigation aid two years later, on Memorial Day, casting its guiding
light onto the bay when it was relit.
Today, two 1,000-watt, counter-clockwise
rotating bulbs provide flashes every 7.5 seconds and are visible up to 24 miles
Separate from, but complementary to, the United
States Lighthouse Service, the Lifesaving Service established its own station,
which was constructed in 1848 on the island’s west end, not far from the
location of the original lighthouse itself. Both were created to patrol the
coastline for watercraft stormed, stranded, or stuck, and facilitate rescues,
the latter by mostly volunteer baymen and farmers between October and May.
Seven such stations eventually lined Fire Island by 1854.
Their value was not to be underestimated,
however: between 1871 and 1915, more than 7,000 people were rescued from 721
Dipping deeper into the now darker blue surface,
the “Moon Chaser” spit foamy white reactions from its sides each time
its bow plunged into the water for a gulp. A wisp of thin cloud, like whipped
cream, hung across the eastern sky.
Continuing to parallel Fire
Island, the boat cruised past its communities, as if they were
notches that silently ticked by. From Robert
Park, it moved past Kismet, Saltair, and Fair Harbor.
Those wishing to have lunch on board had several
options, including doing so before sailing at Captree’s lower snack bar; upper
level, nautically-themed restaurant, the Captree Cove; having either prepare
something to be taken away; or bringing a box lunch of the passenger’s own.
Choosing the latter and maintaining the cruise’s natural sea-and-air theme, I
took a vegetarian approach, enjoying cream cheese on date nut bread, honey
roasted almonds, and cheese puffs at one of the main deck tables. Chips, soft
drinks, and alcoholic beverages were purchasable from the bar, located on the
same level, although many elected to take them to the upper canopied sun deck.
The Fire Island communities continued to slip by
off the starboard side: Ocean Beach, Seaview, Ocean Bay Park.
Envisioned as a community for retired New York City police- and
firemen, the latter pursued a divergent path when World War II-necessitated gas
rationing and international travel restrictions prompted residents to seek
“area-backyard” alternatives-in this case, Point O’ Woods domestic
servants planted the first seeds of this eventual vacation resort when they
used it as an after-work gathering place.
Partly employing its already established
foundation, the community transformed the existing Coast Guard stations into
the present-day Fire Island Hotel and Flynn’s Restaurant, re-purposing them and
reflecting its accurate self-description.
“The architecture of Ocean Bay Park tends
to be modest, but with character,” it says.
All its residential streets were named after
Considering its compact, 350-home encompassment,
it is particularly rich in services, including a grocery store, a bicycle shop,
a tennis court, two hotels, and several restaurants. Flynn’s, of the latter
type, has its own 50-slip marine and is the destination of the “Moon
Chaser” on select weekday evenings for a package that includes a lobster
Again according to its own description, “Ocean Bay
Park is a small town with
a big personality. Largely populated by share houses, it knows how to throw a
beach barbecue blowout. The riotous weekend warrior reputation is reinforced by
the serious drinking and all-night dancing at Flynn’s, Schooner, and The Inn Between. The town’s laid back, nonrestrictive
lifestyle is especially appreciated by the waves of young renters seeking a
beach party environment. However, Ocean
also has its share of longtime seasonal residents.”
Serving as the halfway point, it marked the
“Moon Chaser’s” 180-degree arc to port, swaying, like a seesaw, as it
negotiated the wake of passing speedboats. A Bay Shore originating ferry passed
astern and tucked itself into its Ocean
Maintaining a westerly heading and leaving its
own white and dark green churn behind its stern, it inched toward the erector
set resembling Robert
that spanned the bay and now loomed in the distance. Subjected to nature’s
silent tug-of-war, upper deck passengers witnessed the hot sun’s competition
with the breeze’s cooling cut.
Gliding over the dull blue, glass-resembling
surface, the “Moon Chaser” passed to the left of East and West Fire
islands, before reducing speed and entering the buoy-lined channel, abreast of
the intensely green, seemingly floating patches of shellfish dependent
Now down to only a few knots per hour, it
initiated its left arc into the basin and made contact with the Captree dock
from which it had departed an hour and a half before.
Stepping off the boat, I had, in many ways, been
refreshed by the air, the sun, the sea, the breeze, and the view-especially the
view-by rediscovering, as a temporary tourist, a lifetime resident’s own
backyard during a season that defined it-summer on the Long Island’s Great
Glittering within New Hampshire’s Lakes Region,
itself created by the likes of Little Squam, Silver, Squam, Waukewan, and
Winnisquam lakes, is Lake Winnipesaukee, one of the three largest to lie within
the borders of a single state. And plying it for three-quarters of a century is
its flagship, the “M/S Mount Washington.”
A cruise on this very, and venerable, symbol is obligatory for becoming
acquainted with the area.
between volcanic Belknap and Ossipee mountains, the glacially-formed and spring-fed
lake was first discovered by white men in 1652 when surveyors dispatched by the
Massachusetts Colony to determine its northern
boundaries realized that the point they sought lay three miles up the Merrimack River. Embarking on a secondary expedition in a
sailboat, they reached the village of Aquadoctan, then the largest Indian
community in the area, located in the north and west foothills.
itself, marked by a plaque on today’s Endicott Rock, stands in present-day Weirs Beach,
named after the triangular, rock-and-log-fishing trap found nearby. The
72-square-mile lake of Winnipesaukee, with a 25-mile length, one- to 15-mile
width, and 182.89-mile shore line, equally derives its name from an Indian word
which has several translations, including “the smile of the great
spirit,” “beautiful water in a high place,” and even
“smiling water between hills.”
by the major port towns of Alton Bay, Center Harbor, Meredith, Wolfeboro, and
Weirs Beach, and comprised of 274 habitable islands, it is a magnet for summer
tourists, offering an array of accommodation types, restaurants, shops, water
sports, and boating activities.
its size and its number of communities, intra-lake transportation had been
vital and integral to its existence, whether it be for passengers, freight, or
mail, since surface, lake-perimeter conveyance, particularly during
pre-motorized days, had been laboriously slow.
such aquatic surface vehicle combined the buoyancy of a hull with the
horsepower of the actual animal. Two such horses, positioned at its aft
treadmill on an open, 60- to 70-foot boat, turned its side paddle wheels as
they trotted, producing a two-mph speed.
integrating travel models, railroads strategically positioned stations next to
steamboat docks, facilitating passenger interchange.
One of the
lake’s first such boats, the 96-foot-long, 33-foot-wide “Belknap,”
was inaugurated into service at Lake
Village in 1833,
propelled by a retrofitted sawmill steam engine. Redirected onto rocks by gale
force winds eight years later, it sank from sight.
by what became a virtual symbol of the area, it passed its wake to the
“Lady of the Lake.” Constructed by
the Winnipesaukee Steamboat Company in 1849, the 125-foot-long boat was
launched from Lake Village and carried 400 passengers during its maiden
voyage to the Weirs, Center
Harbor, and Wolfeboro.
the “Lady of the Lake” could not covet the crown earned by its
competitor, the “Mount Washington,”
which became reining queen after the elderly lady herself had been retired in
a single, 42-inch-diameter piston which generated 450 hp, the wooden hulled,
side-wheel steamer was launched in 1872 from Alton Bay
and exceeded 20-mph cruise speeds.
climbed a step on the “Mineola.”
Constructed in 1877 in Newburgh,
New Hampshire, it was both the
first propeller-as opposed to paddle wheel-steamer and the first to have been
large enough to carry both passengers and cargo.
to become the end of the “Mount Washington’s”
long, illustrious career in the 1920s only became its beginning. The Boston and
Maine Company, its owner, withdrew it from service, but Captain Leander
Lavallee, unable to accept the icon’s demise, purchased it and operated lake
excursions for tourists during the summer months until even this resuscitation
abruptly lost its air when a fire unexplainably erupted at the Weirs train
station and spread toward the dock where it had been moored only two days
before Christmas in 1939, reducing it to a mostly submerged char and ending its
career in the very water which, for 67 years, had ironically given it life.
Lavallee could not see its name sink with it. Citing the $250,000 of an all-new
design as prohibitive, he embarked on a search for a second-hand “Mount
Washington II” replacement instead that was ultimately located on Lake Champlain in the form of the “Chateaugay.”
Built in 1888, the iron-hulled, side-wheel steamer, owned by the Champlain
Transportation Company, had been operated between Burlington,
Vermont, and Plattsburgh, New York.
$20,000 price did not pose an obstacle, but the 150 miles of surface transport
to its new Lake Winnipesaukee home did. Since
he only needed the hull, he reduced it to 20 severed sections and transported
them on flatbed rail cars on April 3, 1940. It only provided part of Lavallee’s
on no longer manufactured steam engines, he acquired a second boat, the
“Crescent III,” for $25,000, cannibalizing it and transplanting its
vital, engine, boiler, shaft, and propeller arteries into his new aquatic
extensive process of naval engineering symbiosis, the reconstructed,
repackaged, twin-screw “Mount Washington II” was baptized with Lake Winnipesaukee waters when it was floated out at
Lakeport on August 12, 1940.
size, this hybrid, given birth by two parental boats that had never even met
each other, was slated to rein supreme-and long. Stretching 205 feet from bow
to stern, it weighed 500 tons, was propelled by two screws, and featured a
35-foot beam and seven-foot draft.
to its 1941 summer timetable, it offered exactly the type and style of service
Lavallee had envisioned for the original steamboat’s successor. It operated two
daily round trip excursions, except on Sundays, on the 65-mile run from the
Weirs at 08:00 and 13:00, calling at Bear
Harbor, Wolfeboro, and Alton Bay.
Passenger fares were set at $1.00.
venerable and seemingly timeless symbol of Lake
Winnipesaukee, which reflected Lavallee’s almost-infinite vision,
it neither ceased to sail, nor evolve. Indeed, its hybrid assembly would only
characterize its continual dry dock surgery.
spring of 1946, for instance, it was retrofitted with two, 615-hp Enterprise diesel engines,
facilitating the conversion of all previous steam equipment to electrical, and
visibility was improved with the elevation of the wheel house from its former
second to a current third deck location.
later, removal of its boat deck enabled passengers to be accommodated on the
now reconfigured third deck.
most extensive reconfiguration, mimicking its very hull-sectioned birth,
occurred on October 31, 1982 at its Center Harbor shipyard and winter
headquarters, when the Winnipesaukee Flagship Corporation, its current owner
and operator, once again sliced it in half, just forward of its engine room
bulkhead, and inserted a 24-foot, prefabricated hull section, increasing its
overall length to 230 feet.
elongated ship, accommodating 1,250 passengers on four decks with a nine-foot
draft and weighing 750 tons, was refloated on April 30, 1983 after six months
of reconstruction facilitated by the Marine Railway specifically built for this
purpose as far back as 1949. Crewed by 15, the boat, previously designated the
“MV Mount Washington”–for
“motor vessel”–now carried the “MS”-or “motor
ship”-prefix. It could almost have been called the “Mount
Washington III.” In order to cater to its length and gross
weight increases, the Weirs
Beach dock facilities had
retrofitted with clean-burning, EPA-approved CAT engines in 2010, this
indisputable flagship of Lake Winnipesaukee
had been able to reach almost 16-knot speeds.
docked at Weirs Beach, Laconia, the Winnipesaukee Flagship Corporation’s
headquarters for passenger embarkation just off Route 3, it offers a single
daily, two-and-a-half-hour round trip from mid-May to mid-October, with a
second during the high summer season. Morning departures permit visits to Alton Bay,
Meredith, or Wolfeboro, with return service in the afternoon.
brunch, holiday, and theme-related sailings, such as for birthdays, reunions,
anniversaries, and weddings, include meals, entertainment, and even overnight
itself traces its origins to 1736 when the first recorded structure, a log
fort, rose from the hitherto untouched area, and the first rail link, integral
to the country’s westward expansion movement and the Gold Rush fever that
mostly filled the air with delusional dollar signs, followed more than a
century later. A rudimentary station, facilitating transportation mode
interchange, enabled passengers to continue their journey by steamer at the
Weirs, located on the lake’s western shore.
of this rail travel takes its current form as the Weirs Railroad Station, only
steps above the dock-leading ramp, and the single track, now plied by the one-
and two-hour tourist excursions to Meredith and Laconia undertaken by the
Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad during the summer months, had once existed in
triplicate and been used by the White Mountain Division of the Boston and Maine
quad-decked “M/S Mount Washington,”
transformed into a multiple-facility luxury liner, sports the Victorian-style
Steamboat Lounge, complete with a dance floor, as well as the engine room and
galley, on its lower deck. A second dance floor is located in the Main Salon
above, along with the Purser’s Station, a gift shop, a bar, and the Fantail
Grille. The Promenade Deck features open seating in its bow, the Captain’s
Lounge, a snack bar, the Flagship Lounge with a bar for alcoholic beverages,
and yet a third dance floor. The Observation Deck, as its designation implies,
offers open, mid- and aft-seating for optimum views.
release, preceded by a silence-shattering wail of the boat’s horn, unleashes it
for its autonomous navigation as the 230-foot, four-decked behemoth, clearly
wearing its crown as queen of the lake, disappendages itself from the
hopelessly tiny dock, before it leaves the Weirs Beach area by means of the
Eagle Island Channel, itself sandwiched between Eagle and Governor’s islands.
the first to be passed on the boat’s left and centerpieced by the 112-acre Stonedam Island Wildlife Preserve, had once been
connected to Meredith Neck by means of a stone causeway.
nautical history, at least in distance, is never far from the “Mount Washington’s” course; indeed, the journey is
like a return to it. Dolly Nichols, who had once operated a hand-powered ferry
between Meredith Neck and Bear
Island, is commemorated
by a cluster of small islands bearing her name.
Bear Island itself, the lake’s
second largest, serves as one of the US Mail Boat’s scheduled stops. As its
name implies, the boat itself, created by an act of Congress in 1916, is the
country’s only full-fledged floating post office with the power to cancel mail.
Its official address is “R.F.D. No. 7, Laconia, New Hampshire.”
vessels have encompassed the post office fleet. The first, the
“Dolphin,” was built in 1885 and was followed by the more ambitious,
single-propeller, 100-passenger, 65-foot-long “Uncle Sam” constructed
18 years later and converted to diesel propulsion in 1945. It provided faithful
service until its retirement in 1961. The even larger “Uncle Sam II”
that replaced it, a former Navy PT Boat, featured a 75-foot length, a 20-foot
beam, an 80-ton weight, and a 150-passenger capacity. The
similarly-dimensioned, diesel-engined “Sophie C,” itself the
“Uncle Sam II’s” replacement, sports dual decks and a snack bar and
is open to tourists wishing to taste this unique slice of lake life during its
scheduled, mid-June to mid-September mail runs. Like the “Mount
Washington” itself, it is owned by the Winnipesaukee Flagship Corporation
of Weirs Beach
and Center Harbor.
in the midst of beauty expressed by islands, coves, bays, and mountains, the
“Mount Washington” offers a glimpse of the White Mountains’
Presidential Range, including its Squam, Sandwich,
and Ossipee peaks. The latter sports 2,975-foot Mount Shaw.
One Mile Island,
reflecting its distance from Center Harbor on the lake’s northern tip, is the winter home
of the “Mount Washington,” where it
is subjected to its annual maintenance, inspection, and repair.
Garden, little more than a jagged, rocky outcrop seeming to balance a wooden,
two-story house atop it, is the lake’s smallest charted island.
profile of Mount Washington, at 6,288 feet the
highest in the northeast, looms skyward in the distance.
to Becky’s Garden, Long Island belongs on the
other end of the size spectrum. Connected to the mainland’s Moultonborough Neck
by an automobile-accessible bridge, it ranks as its largest.
its quickly dissipating trench into the water, whose average depth varies
between 35 and 90 feet, the “Mount Washington” penetrates the
12-mile-long by five-mile-wide Broads area,
its largest, unobstructed expanse.
a mirror-like all water bodies-of the sky, seldom reflects the same picture. On
a sunny day at high noon, for instance, it appears an illustrious blue. On
semi-overcast days, it wears a deep blue velvet coat. During densely cloudy
times, it looks as if it were covered with a dirty-white quilt, while its
pine-blanketed islands appear as if they were immersed in the ethereal white mist
seemingly caught by their needles.
passengers can purchase alcoholic and soft drinks at the bar. Soft pretzels and
cookies are baked in the Promenade Deck snack bar. The Main Deck’s Fantail
Grille offers all-day breakfast, clam chowder, salads, sandwiches, bagels, hot
dogs, chili, and hamburgers. During sailings with tour groups, independent
passengers can often purchase a ticket for the all-inclusive buffet, which
typically features salads, hot entrees, and desserts.
around Sewell’s Point, located on its left side, the “Mount
Washington” glides into Wolfeboro
Bay, entry to the port town of Wolfeboro and considered
the country’s oldest summer resort because of the house Colonel Governor John
Wentworth built there in 1764 to mark the terminus of his Portsmouth-originating Prairie Road.
bow into the lake’s southernmost point, the “Mount Washington” sails
past Little Mark Island, itself the threshold to five-mile-long Alton Bay.
It is flanked by the gently curved top of Mount Major.
Wolfeboro, Alton Bay is another of the lake’s major port
towns. Settled in 1710, it served as the assembly point of the original “Mount Washington” 162 years later, in 1872.
Rattlesnake Island, adopting its name from
the slithering reptile that had once resided on it, offers the highest
elevation, of 390 feet.
Glendale is another of Lake
Winnipesaukee’s nautically significant locations. It not only
houses the Marine Division of the New Hampshire Department of Safety-which
oversees all of the state’s lakes-but is the site of the “Lady of the
Lake’s” sinking, its earliest, most significant steamboat.
as New Hampshire territory during the
Revolutionary War, Governor’s Island enjoyed
celebrity resort status by the end of the 19thcentury.
Eagle Island Channel, the “M/S Mount Washington” reduces its speed to
a slow coast and initiates its approach to the Weirs Beach dock, returning to
the area first discovered by white men in 1652 and leaving a 140-year wake
behind its hull, which itself had first plied Lake Champlain waters under the
name of “Chateaugay” as far back as 1888
The coastline of Crete has 155 kilometres of beautiful sandy beaches.
Chania prefecture has two dramatic beaches, Falasarna and Elafonissi, not
forgetting Almyrida with its safe blue flag beaches.
There is a stunning long
stretch of beach on the north coast of the island at Georgioupolis, and
Europe’s only natural palm grove at Vai beach on the north east point of the island.
South of Heraklion is
Matala beach; the caves at the side have been inhabited since prehistoric
times, most recently in the 1970’s by hippies.
Recommended beaches to
visit in Crete are Kato Zakros, Malia,
Paleochora, Prevelli, Frangokastello, Istro, Agia Pelagia, Menies, Xerokampos
Crete is the largest Greek island at 3,220 square miles.
It is a very popular destination for holidaymakers and tourists.
Visitors to the island of
Crete are amazed by magnificent coastline and the imposing mountain chain that
runs the length of Crete, the Island is home to a profusion of flora and fauna
numerous endemic to Crete which only adds to the beauty of Crete.
Most tourist areas are
positioned on the north coast of Crete; here
you will find beaches that offer beach entertainment, hire a pedalo, ride a
banana boat, try water skiing or windsurfing. The south coast with its captivating
ruggedness has isolated coves and beaches worth exploring. Get a map, hire a
car then explore some of Crete’s more isolated
but astounding beaches.
Crete is unrivalled when it comes to choice of beaches
compared with the rest of the Greek islands. There are many beaches ideal for
sunbathing on Crete’s coastline, whether you
can lounge around, read a book, or play and swim in the water.
Like me, any visitor to the island tastes the food and falls in love with the Cretan food as much as they fall for the glorious beaches and the wonderful inhabitants. After all eating out is part of your holiday, trying the different takes on the Greek dishes at a plethora of cafes, restaurants and taverns.
beaches and fine weather, dramatic scenery and good food are the main reasons
that so numerous tourists stay here in the summer. It’s easy to see the allure
of this spectacular island.
The accommodation on
Crete caters for all budgets, getting to Crete
is easy; There are two good international airports at Heraklion and Chania.
Ferries also run from Piraeus, Athens
to Heraklion, Souda and Rethymno on Crete.
Mention the Balearic island of Ibiza
to anyone in the know, and the most likely response you’ll get is a knowing
smile and a reminiscent nod. With its reputation as THE party capital of the
world, with its hedonistic nightclubs and twenty-four hour clubbing atmosphere,
it’s an understandable mistake to make in thinking that is all this wonderful
island has to offer. However, behind this dance music-led façade, you’ll also
find some of the top beaches in Ibiza are also some of the best in the Mediterranean too.
If you’re looking for a peaceful escape from the
better-known party aspects of Ibiza, then you
can’t go far wrong with the beautiful retreat that is Benirras beach, found on the north of
the island. Famous for being associated with drug-fuelled nights of debauchery
back in the ‘sixties, today Benirras is a haven for the more sedate traveler.
Laying in seclusion at the end of a long and windy road, the beach is the very
picture of a perfect idyllic setting: deep blue seas surrounded by overhanging
cliff faces and golden sands. The best part about this particular beach is that
there is a protection order in place stopping hotel owners from building on it
– a rare event in today’s world, and another reason why it was recently voted
one of the top beaches in Ibiza.
Another of the more relaxing beaches in
Ibiza is the Cala Llonga, which is situated just slightly north of Ibiza town itself. Although the beach itself is fairly
small, it has a surprisingly deceptive depth to it, enabling it to accommodate
many more beach-goers than you may have first thought. Since it’s in the north,
where many of the more boisterous revelers tend to leave alone, this offers a
relaxing and peaceful atmosphere.
If it is the more intensive and party going vibe
that you’re after on your visit to this wondrous island, you should be checking
out the infamous Playa d’en Bossa beach, which at a mere 2km from Ibiza town
itself, is right at the heart of all the action. With almost all the bars
playing loud dance music along the whole of the beach-front, it’s not for the
weak-hearted. However, as the starting point for your big night out, it can’t
However, one of the most popular beaches
in Ibiza is surprisingly not Playa d’en Bossa (although it runs
a close second) but the rather wonderful Salines beach. This offers a happy
medium between all-out partying and simple relaxation – with a long and
relaxing walk along the beach front, interspersed with bars galore on the way
to the much-loved ultimate beach bar Sa Trinxa, it’s a great way to ease
yourself in to the long night ahead.
Although Ibiza does quite rightly hold the
reputation of being the ideal destination for any party-loving animal, it
shouldn’t be ignored when it comes to the more traditional kind of relaxing
holiday either, as the likes of Benirras and Cala Llonga and the other top
beaches in Ibiza will have you discover.
The lively Ibiza Island
boasts of over 50 beautiful beaches and outstanding beach facilities with fine,
clear blue waters and golden sand, adding up to over more than 30 miles of
dazzling coastline. You can locate the best beaches in the Island
by heading south-east, where they lie between Cala de Santa Vicent and Santa
Eularia des Riu.
beach in Ibiza Island includes a diversity of water
sports, beachside bars and restaurants. Nonetheless, one can relish a quiet
moment in the countless private coves and beaches. Swimming in these beaches is
safe, even in the smaller beaches which don’t have lifeguards. Of importance to
point out, topless sunbathing is allowed, thus, you got no reason not to enjoy
the alluring Ibiza island sun on your skin against the backdrop of blue calm
One of the
beaches in Ibiza Island that you might not want to miss
out on is the long sandy Cala es Figueral beach. It features tiny, rocky islets
close to the shores and what is more, there is a nudist beach on the northern
section of the island, talk of freedom of enjoying yourself to the fullest. The
Cala de Boix beach is another treasure of the Ibiza Island
surrounded by affluent green hills. It is one of the quiet beaches in the Island, giving you an excellent view of the Illa de
Tagomago. Another beach in the Island that you
might want to check on is the small sandy beach found in the Platja des Canar
resort. It is located near the infamous pleasure boat harbor and surrounded by
cafes, bars, shops and restaurants. Others include Platja des Niu Blau, Cala
Llonga and Platja del Pinos among many others. To say the least, Ibiza Island
beaches have what it takes to create a memorable holiday.
an island that never sleeps, always buzzing with super electric energy with all
sorts of restaurants, bars, dancing halls and clubs playing all your favorite
music. Whether you want it loud or cool, Ibiza Island
clubs ensure you enjoy the best music topping the list in the world. To say the
least, it is the best haunt for hippies, justified by the title the island won
as the ‘entertainment island of the world’. The big-name clubs in Ibiza Island
are legendary, attracting party animals from all corners of the world. The
pioneer clubs in the Island were Pacha and
Amnesia, dating back to the 70s. What would you expect of such clubs with such
a reputable duration in the entertainment industry? They are fashionable and
attractive; thanks to the world class DJs who will endeavor to keep you rocking
and awake.A visit to club Privilege in Ibiza Island,
you will know why it is regarded as the largest club in the world, holding a
capacity of over 10,000. Here, the party simply never stops. It boasts of a
swimming pool, thus you have an option of re-vitalizing and enjoying yourself
away from the dance floor. Space Ibiza is the other club topping the list in Ibiza Island.
The party begins in the afternoon and never ends till dawn of the next morning,
you are guaranteed of nothing but real fun. You might also want to check out on
Clubs Eden, Es Paradis and El Divino. Clubs in Ibiza
Island feature different theme
attractions every night thus you are sure to sample the best of the Island. The best thing about clubbing in Ibiza Island,
one is not expected to follow a certain dress code. There is no specific style
of music in the nightclubs in Ibiza, but you are sure to enjoy a strong, unique