Mystery text’ mom Debbie Collier’s body was found naked and burned

A MISSING mom who was found dead in a ravine sent her daughter a chilling final text that indicates she may have been held against her will. Debbie Collier's body was discovered in a Georgia county one day after she wired her daughter $2,385 with the message: "They are not going to let me go, love you," a chilling report reveals.

The Georgia mom who was found dead in a ravine the day after sending a desperate text to her daughter was discovered nude and with severe burn marks on her body, according to a police incident report.

Debbie Collier, 59, was located roughly 60 miles from her home after wiring $2,385 to her daughter, Amanda Bearden, along with a chilling note
They are not going to let me go, love you there is a key to the house in the blue flower pot by the door,” she wrote.

Collier, who lived with her husband and daughter, left her home in a rented SUV because her car was being repaired, taking only her credit card and driver’s license with her.
Police were able to track the vehicle’s satellite radio signal to US441 near Victory Home Lane and deputies spotted the car parked in a turnout near a defunct logging road, according to the incident report.

An investigator then “observed a nude female laying on her back, grasping a small tree with her right hand,” roughly 30 feet from the road, according to the Habersham County Sheriff’s Office.

The document also noted “charring to her abdomen” and the remains of a burned tarp nearby — along with a red tote bag.
The report stated that Bearden — who grew “hysterical” at the crime scene — told investigators that her mother had no mental health issues or “suicidal tendencies.”

The grieving daughter also told cops her mother had a bad back and would not have voluntarily ventured into the wooded area where she was found.

Her husband, Steve Collier, told investigators that he last saw his wife at 9 p.m.. He said her car was still in the driveway when he left for work the following morning.
Along with other relatives, Collier watched as deputies removed her remains from the ravine. The couple had been married since 2013.

Bearden told police it was “unusual” for her to set off on a long trip without notifying her family.
Investigators have not yet released an official cause of death.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here