Three Afghan children poisoned by mushrooms picked in Poland

0
155

WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Officials in Poland say three Afghan children staying at a refugee center fell ill after eating poisonous mushrooms picked in a forest, with two of them in intensive care. The children and their families recently arrived in Poland after fleeing the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan. They were staying in a center for foreigners in a town near Warsaw. A doctor at a hospital said two boys, aged 5 and 6, faced life-threatening situations while a 17-year-old girl was stable. A spokesman for the Office for Foreigners said,  following the accident, that workers at such centers will advise refugees “not to eat products of unknown origin.”

The post Three Afghan children poisoned by mushrooms picked in Poland appeared first on WEEK.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here