* WHAT…Afternoon heat index values of 100 to 110 degrees
* WHERE…Much of central and southeast Illinois.
* WHEN…From 1 PM CDT Tuesday to 7 PM CDT Wednesday.
* IMPACTS…Hot temperatures and high humidity may cause heat
illnesses to occur.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…This is the first of several days which
could see dangerous levels of heat much of this week.
A Heat Advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is
expected. The combination of hot temperatures and high humidity
will combine to create a situation in which heat illnesses are
possible. Drink plenty of water, stay in an air-conditioned room,
stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors.
Children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles
under any circumstances. Anyone overcome by heat should be moved
to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is a medical emergency,
call 9 1 1.
The post Heat Advisory issued August 23 at 2:53PM CDT until August 25 at 7:00PM CDT by NWS Lincoln IL appeared first on WEEK.