3 dead, 2 critical in suspected carbon monoxide leak at Michigan country music festival

0
157

3 dead, 2 critical in suspected carbon monoxide leak at Michigan country music festival
Five men were found unresponsive in a travel trailer near the Faster Horses Festival. Three died on site and two are currently in critical condition.
Country music fans cheer on as Luke Combs performs at the main stage during the Faster Horses festival in Brooklyn, Mich.
Country music fans cheer on as Luke Combs performs at the main stage during the Faster Horses festival in Brooklyn, Mich
By Kalhan Rosenblatt
Three men died while attending a country music festival in Brooklyn, Michigan, and two more were critically injured, in what is believed to be a carbon monoxide leak, officials say.
Five people were found unresponsive on Saturday afternoon inside a travel trailer at a campground near the Faster Horses Festival, according to a statement from the Lenawee County Sheriff’s Department.
Deputies from the sheriff’s department found the five men and immediately began to administer CPR treatment to the victims, the statement said.
Three of the men died on site. Two of the men remain in critical condition and are being treated for acute carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the sheriff’s office.
Authorities were responding to a 911 call from a friend of the five men who became concerned when he had not heard from them, the statement said.
Officials are investigating the deaths and injuries as the result of a suspected carbon monoxide leak from a generator located near the trailer.
The Faster Horses Festival describes itself as “Michigan’s biggest 3-day country music & camping festival” and had begun on Friday in Brooklyn, about 40 miles west of Ann Arbor. Performers this year include Jason Aldean and Luke Combs.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here