Maine man suffers burns over 80% of body while burning trash

0
132

NEW SHARON, Maine (AP) — An 85-year-old man suffered burns over 80% of his body when he accidentally set himself on fire, officials said.

John Gill, of New Sharon, was burning trash in a barrel when he added gasoline, causing flames to erupt, the fire marshal’s office said.

Gill, who was critically injured, was taken to Maine Medical Center in Portland by a LifeFlight helicopter due to his injuries.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here