A man shoots and kills 1 of 3 thieves who hold a Texas family at gunpoint in their home


Port Arthur Police officers are investigating a fire that occurred in a house around midnight in the same house as three people broke into and detained a family at gunpoint.

An eyewitness said that a neighbor saw smoke and fire coming from the house and called 911. No one was in the house when the fire started. At the moment, the motive is unknown, but police said they believed the house was targeted.

Port Arthur police investigators found that three armed men broke into the house and detained a family at gunpoint right after a woman who had been living in the house returned home, according to the news data. Officials believe the suspects and the owner of the house know each other.

The mother of two children inside the house said the children were shocked by the accident. Her 5-year-old son is still furious after the suspects pointed a gun at a young boy.

Port Arthur Police said in press releases that the 29-year-old owner of the house heard the commotion and left another room with a rifle to confront the robbers and protect his young children. He fired several bullets at one of the men who died. The other two suspects fled the area before the officers arrived at the scene.

Detective Mike Hebert said in a press release that officers found Terence Ellis, 27, dead inside the house. Magistrate Tom Gilliam ordered an autopsy.

Less than 24 hours after a house was stormed in Port Arthur, police returned near the scene on evening.

According to investigators, shots were fired in Block 2500 of 18th Street. Investigators said that a 29-year-old man shot and killed one of three people who were holding his family at gunpoint in their home.

That call came at around 8:30

Detective Hebert said there is a possibility that all three cases are related.

The accident is still being investigated by the Port Arthur Criminal Investigation Department.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here