Police have named the person who was killed in a shooting incident at a nightclub in Cincinnati that left 15 people injured.
The victim was identified at a press conference as 27-year-old Brian Spikes.
Police say the calls came from the Cameo club shooting around 1:30 Sunday morning.
Police Chief Eliot Isaac said the bar was very crowded at the time several men got into a fight at the bar and several people fired shots.
Isaac said the club roams and lands on customers, but that several firearms manage to pass through security anyway.
Commander Elliot Isaac says the preliminary investigation indicates that several males in the Cincinnati area were in conflict, leading to the shooting at around 2:20 a.m. Sunday at Cameo Club.
He said that two of the wounded were in critical condition, one of them “very critical.”
The authorities do not believe there is a link to terrorism. They are still working on getting to know the shooters.
A hospital spokeswoman said five people among those injured in the Cincinnati nightclub shooting had been treated at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center and were released.
At a press conference, Police Chief Eliot Isaac said several people were involved in what he referred to as a conflict that led to the shooting, and Cincinnati city officials say the conflict between at least two people and possibly groups has apparently escalated into a nightclub. Shooting, killing one person and wounding 14 others.
Officials say Club Cameo has been the scene of gun violence before, including shooting inside the club on New Year’s Day and in the lost car park in September of last year.
Police say the shooting broke out at around 2:20 am Sunday, prompting club-goers to flee.
City manager Harry Black described the event as “terrifying”. The investigation is continuing, he says.
A hospital spokeswoman said eight of those injured in the Cincinnati nightclub shooting are being treated at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center.
The Cameo club shooting left one person dead and more than ten injured.
Hospital spokeswoman Kelly Martin said one person was in critical condition at the medical center, three others were in critical condition, and four of them were in stable condition.
It did not have details of the types of injuries or the ages of the victims.
The police have not released any information about the possible suspects or whether they have established the motive for the assault. They say there is no evidence that the shooting has anything to do with terrorism.
Police say only one shooter was responsible for the Cincinnati nightclub attack.
Assistant Chief Constable Paul Newdigit said in a tweet that only one shooting had been reported but that police were still investigating. Police said earlier that “at least two shooters” opened fire inside Cameo Club in the early hours of the morning, killing one person and wounding more than 12 others.
The motive behind the shooting remains unclear, and Neudigate says there is no indication that the attack is linked to terrorism.
The shooting took place on a busy night. Captain Kim Williams says the crowd is often young on Saturday nights and they have had trouble in the past, but “this is the worst ever.”
The pathologist removed a body from the scene shortly after 6 am.
Williams said that several officers were working in the club’s security department, providing first aid and trying to resuscitate the person who had died.
Fifteen people were shot. Some of them went to district hospitals, and others were taken by ambulances.
Authorities are interviewing several witnesses, but Williams said many club-goers have left.
“The biggest problem is when you have a large crowd like this and the shots start, a lot of witnesses disappear,” she said.
The authorities were asking anyone with information to come forward. Williams said that investigators are checking to see if the security cameras are working.
At least one person was in critical condition at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center.