3 people, including a child and teenager, killed in a shooting in St. Paul


Police say a child and teenager were among three people killed in a house shooting in St. Paul, and that the officers had been shooting for an hour.

According to the police, the officers responded around 3 p.m. To assist paramedics on an emergency call in Building 700 of Jesse Street. When the police arrived at the scene, people who called 911 met the officers and frantically told them that people had been injured inside the house.

Inside, police found three victims who had been shot: a woman in her 30s, a girl in her early teens, and a boy between the ages of 8 and 12.

The officers in the paramedics who announced the death of the woman and the teenager disowned and took the little boy to the hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.

Police say the officers were at the house about an hour before the shooting to have a welfare check. According to the police spokesman Sgt. Mike Ernster, one of his relatives called the police department to check on the woman in the house.

“He was summoned here by a concerned family member from outside the country who wanted us to check the welfare of the supposed victim in this house,” the sergeant said. Arnester. “Our officer came here, and he actually spoke to her at the door and explained why he was there.”

The sergeant explained, “I looked at him and said, ‘I’m fine, tell them I’m fine.'” Arnester.

Sgt. Ernster says the officer offered to allow the woman to use his phone to call a member of her family in Tennessee, but the woman refused.

Ernster said the call wasn’t the first time the police had gone home. He told reporters that the officer had gone home the day before Saturday to make further calls for a welfare check.

For now, the circumstances that triggered the shooting remain unclear, as are who fired the shots that killed the three victims.

The investigators are now talking to people and trying to determine what happened.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here