10 killed in a plane crash near Dallas


The medical examiner confirmed 10 people were killed when a plane crashed into the hangar and a fire broke out at Addison Domestic Airport.

According to Addison officials, the plane experienced some kind of failure during takeoff, before crashing into an uninhabited hangar after 9am.

The airport was closed for 45 minutes after the accident as firefighters worked to extinguish the flames that erupted due to the accident.

According to the Federal Aviation Administration, the twin-engine Beechcraft BE-350 King Air plane was destroyed by fire.

Authorities say all 10 passengers on board were killed in the accident.

Officials said the plane was bound for St. Petersburg.

Several people in the vicinity witnessed the crash of the plane and saw it crash as it did.

David Snell said, “I had never seen anything so tragic, I mean, it was very surreal to watch a plane crash.”

Snell was preparing to fly out of Addison Airport with a friend on Sunday morning, when they heard a plane taking off wasn’t quite right.

“It looked like the power was clearly reduced. I didn’t know if it was on purpose or not, but then, when the plane started veering to the left and you could tell it couldn’t go up. My friend and I looked at each other and said, “My God. “They will collapse,” Snell recalls.

Other witnesses at the airport also reported seeing the plane encountering problems during take off.

“He got off the runway, he got down the runway, and he started taking off.” Peter Drake said, “He reached about 200 feet, and I saw him starting to lose his strength and height, then I saw him roll and went straight down to the building.”

Within seconds, the plane crashed into the hangar.

A video of witnesses’ cell phones showed thick smoke billowing from the building while firefighters were working to extinguish the flames.

“This all happened over the course of about 10 seconds, and went from watching a plane trying to climb and fly, to a huge fireball with debris all over the place,” Snell said.

The accident happened near the Addison fire station, so firefighters were able to get there quickly, but the Federal Aviation Administration says the plane was destroyed in the accident.

“I’ve been on the plane for 33 years, and I’ve heard about accidents and things like that, I’ve never seen a single plane with a bigger plane,” Snell said. “This was really horrible because someone’s life, life and family changed forever, it’s horrible.

The National Transportation Safety Board will be responsible for the investigation. NTSB crews arrived at the scene at 7 pm.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here