10 dead in Texas plane crash


The coroner confirmed that 10 people were killed when a plane collided with a hangar and a fire broke out at Addison Municipal Airport in Texas.

According to Addison officials, the plane experienced some kind of failure during takeoff, before crashing into an uninhabited hangar after 9am.

The airport was closed for 45 minutes after the accident as firefighters worked to extinguish the flames that erupted due to the accident.

According to the Federal Aviation Administration, the twin-engine Beechcraft BE-350 King Air plane was destroyed by fire.

Authorities say all 10 passengers on board were killed in the accident.

Officials said the plane was bound for St. Petersburg.

Several people in the vicinity witnessed the crash of the plane and saw it crash as it did.

David Snell said, “I had never seen anything so tragic, I mean, it was very surreal to watch a plane crash.”

Snell was preparing to fly out of Addison Airport with a friend on Sunday morning, when they heard a plane taking off didn’t look quite right.

“It looked like it had clearly gone down. I didn’t know if it was on purpose or not, but then, as the plane started to swerve to the left, you could tell it couldn’t go up. My friend and I looked at each other and we’re like, “My God. It will shatter, “recalls Snell.

Other witnesses at the airport also reported seeing the plane encountering problems during take off.

“He went up the runway, went down the runway, and started to take off. He reached about 200 feet, and I saw him starting to lose his strength and height, and then I saw him roll and went straight down to Peter Drake said.

Within seconds, the plane crashed into the hangar.

A video of witnesses’ cell phones showed thick smoke billowing from the building while firefighters were working to extinguish the flames.

Drake added, “I was in shock, I was really in shock. You see these things on videos and YouTube, but you can’t believe you actually see them in real life. It was crazy. It was crazy.”

“It all happened over the course of about 10 seconds, and it turned from watching a plane trying to climb and fly, to a huge fireball with debris everywhere. It was really horrible,” said Snell.

The accident happened near the Addison fire station, so firefighters were able to get there quickly, but the Federal Aviation Administration says the plane was destroyed in the accident.

“I’ve traveled for 33 years, and I’ve heard accidents and things like that, and I’ve never seen one on a bigger plane,” Snell said. “This was really horrible because someone’s life, their life, and their family had changed forever, it’s horrific.

The National Transportation Safety Board will be responsible for the investigation. NTSB crews arrived at the scene at 7 pm.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here