a grandmother raped her grandchildren in Ohio


Pensacola, Fl

A grandmother in Ohio will spend the rest of her life in prison after being convicted of raping her grandchildren.

Edwina Lewis, 53, will spend the rest of her life behind bars after being sentenced to four consecutive life sentences without parole.

The judge in the case, William T. Marshall, during his 19 years experience on the platform, he has never seen anyone more sinister than before.

The jury also had no doubts about her conviction after less than six hours of deliberation.

Along with four counts of rape, he was also convicted of a number of other serious charges including endangering children and kidnapping.

“This woman, who did not shed a tear and did not show even an iota of remorse, will never be released from prison,” said Pat Abel, the chief prosecutor in Sioto. “This is the right thing.”

The trial took nearly a week, during which stories of rape, torture, and abuse of girls and one child were presented in front of the courtroom.

Children described how to be restrained for long periods, even weeks, and only long enough to attend online lessons and go to the bathroom.

They said they seldom received food, and medical authorities told the court that they were underweight.

The fridge and freezer in the house had locks with only adults wearing the keys around their necks.

The girls said they were forced to stand against a wall with their arms outstretched for hours, and if they let their hands be beaten and slapped.

Along with the stories, pictures of maimed children and skinny bodies were shown to the jury for viewing.

Suspicions arose after a nine-year-old girl wrote to her teacher that she and her brothers and sisters were being beaten and chained.

The teacher immediately called the police along with child protection services.

When the police arrived, those in the house hurried to cut the ropes from the children and threw the chains into a plastic bag, then into a litter box.

All four children under the age of 12 were removed from the home by order of an emergency court after six days.

Edwin Lewis, the biological mother of the children, Bobby Sue Buck with her boyfriend Juan Sanchez, was arrested several days later.

Buck and Sanchez faced the same charges and are now sentenced to 10 and 25 years in prison, respectively.

The authorities had suspected that the children had been subjected to abuse for years, but complaints were not followed up with any home visits.

On at least four separate occasions during, complaints were filed with Children’s Services.

On one occasion, evidence of bruises and scrapes appeared on the children’s bodies.

Once again, the children said they were held without food.

She also submitted other complaints of physical and emotional abuse, including brutal beating with a belt.

Time and time again, Scioto County’s children’s services have failed to follow up on calls and run the necessary checks.

When the investigators first interviewed the children, they were antisocial and terrified and the middle two children could barely speak.

When the children were finally questioned, the only boy in the group of four was violent and angry.

For weeks he was just saying, “I hate you!” To whom was approached.

During the trial, the two girls, now 10 and 12 years old, testified from an adjacent room and told horrific stories of being raped by Sanchez, bound with ropes and chains, and beaten by Louis.

Babies are now with a new foster family who is able to give them the love and attention they need and deserve.

“If there is a bright spot in all of this, it is the transformation that we saw from the children,” Abel said. “Maybe now, they have a chance.”


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here