A man armed with a knife bullet was killed by officers in Philadelphia


Pensacola, Fl

Police said a 27-year-old man armed with a knife was shot by two officers in West Philadelphia.

It happened in the 6100 block of Locust Street around 4pm. When the officers were called home in the building for a man with a gun.

They were immediately met by a man carrying a knife. Several times they asked the male to drop the knife. They ordered him to drop the knife and he kept chasing them around the many vehicles out there, “Philadelphia Police Sgt. Eric Grip said.

The man has since been recognized as Walter Wallace Jr. A video on social media shows Wallace’s mother stalking her son asking the police not to shoot.

In the video, two officers are seen trying to convince Wallace to throw the knife while he’s driving around in the car, raising his hand. Both officers fired and fired at least 14 rounds.

Wallace was injured in the shoulder and chest. Then an officer put him in a police car and took him to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead shortly after.

 Tensions rose among residents near the location of the shooting. Philadelphia Police Commissioner Daniel Outlaw spoke with some of them at the scene.

“I came here to listen. I don’t have answers for what happened today. But you know, I understand. I understand how you feel,” the outlaw commissioner told residents.

Demonstrators took to the streets on Monday night to protest the way the police dealt with the situation, and those demonstrations quickly turned into violence, resulting in the injury of 30 police officers. Dozens were arrested as police reported acts of vandalism and looting targeting local businesses.

According to published reports, family members say Wallace was dealing with mental health issues and survived by three children.

Mayor Jim Kenny says he spoke with the family. He adds that there will be a full investigation into the shooting.

My prayers are with Walter Wallace’s family and friends. I watched the video of this tragic incident asking difficult questions to be answered. Tonight I spoke with the family of Mr. Wallace, and I will continue to communicate to hear their concerns directly, and to answer their questions to the extent I can. “The fire in PPD is fully investigated. I look forward to a quick and transparent solution for Mr. Wallace, his family, the officers and Philadelphia.”

Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner issued the following statement regarding the fatal police shooting:

“The Philadelphia County District Attorney’s office takes its commitment to trying to be fair and the pursuit of fair justice very seriously. The DAO’s Special Investigations Unit responded to today’s police fatal shooting of a civilian by the police shortly after it happened, and he was at the scene with Other DAO personnel since that time have been investigating, as we do jointly with the Fire Investigation Unit, People’s Protection Police Officer, into shootings and deaths by other means including the police. We intend to go where facts and the law lead us and do it carefully, without rushing In passing judgments without bias of any kind. “

The names of the officers who fired the shots were not immediately revealed. Both wore body cameras and were taken to street duty pending an investigation.

No further details were disclosed.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here