A nine-year-old Oklahoma boy was killed by carbon monoxide poisoning on the deck of an outdoor boat


Pensacola, Fl

The mother of a boy from Oklahoma who is believed to have drowned issued a horrific warning after the real cause of his death was revealed.

Nine-year-old Andrew Brady died after falling into the water after a day of boating with his family.

In a Facebook post, his mother Cassandra Frey revealed that he was actually killed by carbon monoxide poisoning.

I started “This is the hardest post I will ever write, but this information needs to be shared.”

She said news reports said her youngest three sons had fallen from the dock and drowned. But she knew from the moment it happened that wasn’t the case – Andrew had grown up on the water and was a very strong swimmer, but he didn’t struggle even after falling into it.

After an autopsy, the doctors found that the boy’s COHb levels were 72 per cent: “The so-called“ drowning ”was secondary to the fact that he would never have lived at this level, his mother writes.

She said Andrew spent most of the day sitting in the back of Malibu Skier.

“Boats, until they move, create a tail tailgate,” she wrote, “carbon monoxide escapes from the rear of the boat and pulls back into the rear of the boat. Backseat passengers are particularly vulnerable at low speeds and in the long unaware areas such as The ones we had to cross to get back to the sidewalks. “

“Maybe little Andy, our friend, was slowly dying that afternoon / evening and we didn’t know that,” she said, adding that any headache or fatigue could have been attributed to too much sun along with a long surfing day, waking surf and tubing.

She said Andrew crawled to the rear edge of the boat as the family packed up at the dock, before losing consciousness “unaware of his imminent death.”

“We had no idea anything unusual was going on,” Cassandra wrote.

At that point, his blood was 72 percent, or 720,000 parts per million, of carbon monoxide, and he was no longer able to carry oxygen.

“Had he not fallen, if he had reached the car, even if he had not passed in the lake, he would have had so badly damaged his brain that he would have died while he slept on the way home.” “Even if he went to the emergency room right away at that time, he would still die. There is no medicine that could save him at his levels. There was nothing that could be done at this point.”

The grieving mother said the family took little solace in knowing what they could have done at the time of his death.

She wrote, “He didn’t hurt – he fell asleep. I made sure my baby was gone so far that he didn’t shout at me in his mind because he’s dead. He went to sleep and that was the way.”

The grieving mother issued a warning to all the boat passengers of the dangers that she says those in power underestimate or ignore them.

She said that land and air vehicles should adhere to stricter registration rules, and that statistics on outdoor carbon monoxide poisonings on deformed water boats are because deaths are usually attributed – almost as much as her son was – to drowning or heart failure.

She claimed that boat builders are aware of the risks and have addressed the problem on newer models; However, it is not obligated to amend old models or even educate people who buy used watercraft the risks.

“It might be one in a million chance, but it is there,” she wrote. “It happens in minutes – sometimes within 60 seconds.”

Andy, who was younger than his older brothers, was moving around the boat less than them on the fateful day; However, his older siblings still needed treatment for carbon monoxide poisoning in the hospital the day he died.

“We would have lost our three children that night. And as hard as swallowing them, we were lucky,” she wrote. “Fortunately Andy didn’t have to spend his life on life support. Fortunately, his siblings lived.”

“Don’t let Andy’s death go to waste,” she concluded. “Educate yourself and your friends and family. I don’t want anyone else to experience what I’m going through.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here