Just hours after at least 14 people were injured in a drive-by shooting outside a funeral home on the southern side of Chicago, two men in the city were killed in a separate shooting, the Chicago Sun Times reported.
In one incident, a 30-year-old man was hit by a fatal bullet while sitting on a hallway with a 32-year-old man. They were outside a house on West Morgan Street on the southernmost side, around 11 pm. When two men approached them and opened fire, according to the Sun Times.
The 32-year-old suffered a non-life threatening injury, and was reported to be in fair condition.
A 28-year-old man was shot in the chest and announced that he had died in a separate car shooting approximately an hour later.
Neither of the men was identified, nor was they arrested. The investigations are continuing,
Less than six hours ago, suspects who were leaving the funeral for a man who was reportedly killed in a shooting last week shot at the suspects in a speeding car.
Witness: Arnita Gerder told WMAQ: “All we saw were just bodies lying everywhere.” “Shoot everywhere, everywhere. Legs, stomach and back, everywhere. We thought it was a war here.”
The crowd exchanged fire with the car, which was fired shortly afterwards. People in that car fled in multiple directions, the first deputy of the Chicago Police Police. Eric Carter said at a press conference.
Police said that at least one important person was interviewed, but that no one was arrested.
At least 14 have been transferred to district hospitals in critical condition.
The shooting is only the latest, as violence continues to dominate the city.
On Monday, more than 20 people were shot and at the end of last week 63 people were shot and 12 killed.
Chicago Mayor Laurie Lightfoot wrote on Twitter after the funeral shot: “Too many have suffered. Too many funerals attended and tried to start the process of healing entire communities after another senseless tragedy. When someone picks up a gun, we suffer as a city. This does not It could be who we are. We cannot provide shelter for the killers. People know who is responsible. ”
President Trump has pledged to send federal troops to the city.
Lightfoot told MSNBC on Monday that it would not allow “tyranny” in Chicago – a reference to the controversial tactics used by federal agents sent to Portland to quell the riots – but admitted that the city would work “cooperatively” with the FBI. And the Drug Enforcement Administration and the Chicago Tribune newspaper reported that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to drop violent crime.
All these agencies are here. They have been here for decades. Lightfoot said, they have ongoing cases they are investigating.