The murder suspect in Louisville protested in custody


Pensacola, Florida

Authorities said a suspect was arrested in the death of a Kentucky man who was shot dead by a protest in Louisville over the police killing of Bruna Taylor.

The temporary Louisville police chief, Robert Schroeder, told a press conference that the suspect was taken to hospital and questioned by the murder investigators in the shooting that occurred late Saturday. The man’s name was not immediately released.

Schroeder said that the police are consulting prosecutors to bring criminal charges against them. Neither Schroeder nor Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer mentioned the suspect’s presence in the hospital.

Authorities said Tyler Charles Girthe, 27, from Louisville, died after being shot in Jefferson Square Park in downtown Louisville. The Courier Journal reports that Gerth was an avid photographer and a strong supporter of the ongoing protests whose godfather is a columnist for the newspaper.

Taylor, a 26-year-old black woman, was killed at her home in Louisville in March by police who were serving a note not to be hit by roads. For nearly a month, protesters have been calling for the officers involved in her death to be charged. One of the officers was shot recently.

Saturday’s shooting was at least the second during the protests. Seven people were injured on May 28 when fire broke out near City Hall, prompting Taylor’s mother to issue a statement asking people to seek justice “without hurting each other.”

The Gereth family said he was “very kind, friendly and generous, and with convictions and deep faith.”

Protesters in the park said on Sunday that the suspect was a familiar face about the protests but sometimes caused problems. Julie Sullivan, who was close to the corner where the shooter was shot, said that the man was asked to leave earlier on Saturday.

Sullivan said she heard about eight gunshots breaking up a quiet day of demonstrations. She saw some nearby children and shouted at them to crawl towards her.

Sullivan said: “I have never passed anything of this sort, and I hope I never go into anything of that kind again.”

In a video of the shooting that was shown during the press conference, the suspect was surrounded by several people before the shooting, and people rushed to cover. Schroeder said that the suspect had been participating in the protests since its inception and had been arrested several times.

“Other garden members have repeatedly asked him to leave because of his sabotage behavior,” said Schroeder.

Another video posted on social media later showed at least one person bleeding profusely on the floor.

Fischer said that several other people fired shots after the suspect started shooting, but that no one was hurt.

“Whether they were there at the time of the shooting or not, I know the sorrow of those who were organizing and participating in peaceful protests for ethnic justice. Fischer said:“ This is not what they want or want any of us. ”“ We cannot let a single, stale person By one individual who goes out of this dream, that vision that we have as a city. “

The protesters were allowed to continue gathering in the park on Sunday, although police said that camping and cooking overnight were prohibited. They also removed tents and told the protesters that they could take them in a separate location.

John Kreiner knelt for nearly 30 minutes at the site to pray for peace. He said it was his first visit.

“I just want there to be peace and quiet,” Krainer said.

Kenneth Walker, Taylor’s friend, was originally charged with the attempted murder after he shot a soldier who entered the house. This charge was later dropped. Walker said he believed he was defending against an intruder.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here